As participants in the EHR Incentive Programs, providers will need to report at least one meaningful use menu objective from the public health list in Stage 1. In Stage 2 providers will be required to submit several core objectives surrounding public health reporting.
If providers are authorized to submit the data to the immunization registry, they should do so even if its is not required by either law or practice. If the initial ‘test’ submission is successful under Stage 1 guidelines, providers should institute regular reporting with the Mississippi State Department of Health, Immunization Registry, with whom the successful test was conducted.
Stage 2 public health reporting (CORE objective 16) requires providers to demonstrate either of the following:
- Capability to successfully submit ongoing electronic data to the immunization registry.
- Registration of an Intent to Onboard with the immunization registry no later than the 60th day of the EHR reporting period. For Program Year 2015 (which has a 365-day EHR reporting period), that will be March 1, 2015 (for Dually Eligible Hospitals the deadline was November 30, 2014).
This can easily accomplished by submitting an online intent to register form.
Please refer to the steps below to complete the Stage 2 attestation process.
- Complete the MSDH on-line Meaningful Use Registration Form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MSDH_MUStage2_Registration. An incomplete registration will result in a delay in your organization receiving its letter(s).
- Identify the Public Health Meaningful Use criteria that the Provider Organization would like to attest for in Stage Two.
- EH/CAHs must register for IMM, ELR and SS.
- EPs must register for IMM.
- For IMM, all Provider Organizations must complete the MIIX Enrollment Packet to receive the IMM onboarding timeline.
- Sign up with MS-HIN to receive ELR and SS onboarding timelines.
- This is required to receive your Stage 2 MU letter if the Provider Organization is not in full production.
- The Provider Organization will receive a Meaningful Use Certification Letter from MSDH once the registration of intent is complete and onboarding timeline(s) have been established.
For additional information and guidance from CMS, please review the Public Health Registry Tipsheet (http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/EHRIncentivePrograms/Downloads/PublicHealthRegistry_Tipsheet-.pdf)