All Providers are required to report on CQMs
All providers are required to report on CQMs in order to demonstrate meaningful use. Beginning in 2014, all providers regardless of their stage of meaningful use will report on CQMs in the same way.
- EPs must report on 9 out of 64 total CQMs.
- Eligible hospitals and CAHs must report on 16 out of 29 total CQMs.
In addition, all providers must select CQMs from at least 3 of the 6 key health care policy domains recommended by the Department of Health and Human Sevices’ National Quality Strategy:
- Patient and Family Engagement
- Patient Safety
- Care Coordination
- Population and Public Health
- Efficient Use of Healthcare Resources
- Clinical Processes/Effectiveness
A complete list of 2014 CQMs and their associated National Quality Strategy domains will be posted on the Clinical Quality Measures tab in the future. CMS will also post a recommended core set of CQMs for EPs that focus on high-priority clinical conditions.
For more detailed information on 2014 CQMs and electronic reporting options, click to download our 2014 Clinical Quality Measures Tipsheet.